CDC HVAC AND COVID RECOMMENDATIONS FOR HVAC SYSTEMS
“ As an essential business, Inter-County Mechanical is open to service our clients, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week”
The CDC recommends certain upgrades to your HVAC Maintenance and Mechanical Operation in your work place in light of the COVID 19 pandemic. The following suggestions are recommending in addition to your HVAC Preventative Maintenance:
Filtration and UV Technology as equipment considerations:
Upgrade your air filtration to the highest possible rating (MERV13) without significantly diminishing designed airflow and clean/disinfect evaporator coils. Clean and Sanitize Ductwork and Diffusers.
Install Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation (UVGI) as a supplement to help inactivate the virus.
HVAC Operating considerations include:
- Increase the percentage of outdoor air used verses recycled air
- Increase total air flow to occupied spaced
- Clean and Sanitize Evaporator coils
- Clean and Sanitize Ductwork
- Upgrade Filters to MERV13 when possible
- Ultraviolet Germicidal Lights (UVGI)